Monday, November 17, 2008

How can this happen......

My heart is beyond heavy at this point. A boy at Joshua's High school took his life yesterday. I have an entire realm of emotions. However the one that keeps kicking me in the gut, is the question, "How is there such a love gap between us as adults, and these precious kids?"I know I don't know all of the details of this young boys life. However I can't help but think, what made him feel so alone ,or without answers that death became the only option. My heart just bleeds right now so much. I want every teenager to know that they have someone on their side. Someone in their cheering section, someone who believes they are worth life. I guess I have taken it for granted that every teen did have a cheering section. This boy may of had an incredible cheering section, I don't know. I am just wondering would it of made a difference if he knew he had someone on his side regardless of mistakes made? I know I lack compassion at times towards my own children, and think their bad choices are irreversible. However, I now am very aware that I need to let not only my own kids, but other kids in my life KNOW there is hope, love and forgiveness, and that is found in Jesus. That no matter what they have done, or feel like, they are loved and forgiven unconditionally! How can I get this message out to the kids? Why is there such a gap of love between the youth and the adults. Why do they feel at times we are so against them, what kind of message have we given them? All I know is there is a different message I want to convey and be intentional about, and that is the message of love and hope that Christ offers.

No comments: