Finally ~ the end of the school year is upon us, and WOW are we all ready !!!! As we finish up, Joshua is completing High School. As of this very moment, I am okay with it. Who knows how I will be next week when the actual Graduation is upon me.If there is one thing that I truly recommend believing when you hear it, and then applying it to your life, is the saying "It goes too fast!" It is true ~ life moves too fast, and there is not a thing we can do about it, except to enjoy EVERY solitary moment. I have learned to remember when I feel as if I am struggling, others are struggling more. When I feel sad, their are families out there who are grieving more than I am. I will be honest, there are have definitely been days over the last 4 years of Joshua's High School career, that I have thought " I definitely did not sign up for this", "God made a mistake" or "This is just too much for me". However also over the last 4 years, I have heard stories of mothers close to me. Not stories on the news, or the internet, but mom's whom I know and interact with
~ this mom had to send her son to an out of state school for almost a year, due to exceptionally disruptive behavior, and later to find out drug use.
~ another sweet woman, blessed with 2 sons. One chooses the wrong friend for ONE summer. He is now in jail, awaiting sentencing, possible over 20 years. This boys was just out of High School. His life will now be shaped behind prison bars, due to bad choices
~ another precious woman, as I mentioned in one of my earlier blogs, buried her son his Junior year of High School ~ cause of death suicide.
All of that to say, I have also learned that although many of us did not "sign up" for troubles such as these.......I serve a God who is bigger than any of this, and it is for that reason. I have had to learn over this last year, to choose, laughter, joy, and a thankful heart. Oh, and a favorite bottle of wine called "RELAX". Otherwise, life would consume me, and eat me whole, and then spit me out :-)) Hopefully over my next few posts, they will be about random moments over the last year to catch you up with our life.
~ this mom had to send her son to an out of state school for almost a year, due to exceptionally disruptive behavior, and later to find out drug use.
~ another sweet woman, blessed with 2 sons. One chooses the wrong friend for ONE summer. He is now in jail, awaiting sentencing, possible over 20 years. This boys was just out of High School. His life will now be shaped behind prison bars, due to bad choices
~ another precious woman, as I mentioned in one of my earlier blogs, buried her son his Junior year of High School ~ cause of death suicide.
All of that to say, I have also learned that although many of us did not "sign up" for troubles such as these.......I serve a God who is bigger than any of this, and it is for that reason. I have had to learn over this last year, to choose, laughter, joy, and a thankful heart. Oh, and a favorite bottle of wine called "RELAX". Otherwise, life would consume me, and eat me whole, and then spit me out :-)) Hopefully over my next few posts, they will be about random moments over the last year to catch you up with our life.

No comments:
Post a Comment