We are celebrating Joshua's High School Graduation! Tuesday, June 1, 2010
5 days ~ 25 people, pure bliss to me.
I truly think what I have enjoyed the most over the last 5 days is to hear the giggles of my nieces and nephews fill my house. "Why the giggles"? Because they take me back to when my boys were little, and that is something I will never experience again.
So, I simply remember it and I am reminded of how wonderful it was, every time I hear the little giggle from sweet Olivia Rose, Wyatt, little Carter, or that sweet voice of Shay Shay. Our entire Arizona family is here, all staying at our house.
We are celebrating Joshua's High School Graduation!
I have honestly been in complete awe and wonder for 5 days at my life, and the goodness of the Lord in it! See, my husband is the oldest of 5 children, and unlike most families, I actually enjoy all of them. I not only enjoy them, I adore them. I don't mind ALL of them staying in my house, I really don't! I wouldn't have it any other way. It was was my joy on a hot afternoon while they were all here, to sit in pure selfishness, as I handed out Otter Pops to all of the kids on the back porch as I insisted on a kiss on the cheek from each sweet set of lips before they received their treat. Yes, I even insisted on kisses from own kids. I savored each little wet kiss as they sweetly said "thank~ you Auntie" music to my ears. My heaven on earth!! Another thing that I can't wrap my mind around, is how very spoiled I am . Yes, I am completely spoiled, I admit it, and I love it!!! See, these precious people all came for one thing,TO CELEBRATE OUR SON, and his accomplishment! They love us that much. On the day of Graduation, we piled into 4 cars to head to the school. See, it is no small task getting our clan from place to place. We needed to arrive early enough to reserve 1/4 of the gym just for our family : ) We all sat there, beaming with pride, despite the 100 degree temps in the gymnasium.
Not one of our 12 little ones complained, at least not within ear shot of Auntie that is : -) I am overwhelmed with gratitude that they all, stopped their lives, took days off of work, and drove 14 hours (one-way) to support us ~ I realize not every family has this gift. However, it is a gift that I truly cherish. After Graduation, we simply came back to our house for spaghetti, Joshua's request. My mother and Grandparents came as well. After our meal, my mom had the request of Arthur's sister, Heidi and her husband, Jordan ~ "Would they sing for us?' Of course being the amazing couple they are, they obliged! To top off this amazing afternoon, our entire family sat around the piano, singing Glory to God, while my sweet man played the piano!
Again, I was in my own personal heaven......spoiled, and I know it! Please don't get the wrong idea here, and start thinking "Wow,what a perfect life she has!" There couldn't be anything farthest from the truth! We are NOT perfect by any stretch of the imagination, however, for one day in a 365 day year.......our day sure seemed perfect...thank you Lord!!!!
We are celebrating Joshua's High School Graduation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We had so much fun. Thanks for having us.
Post a Comment