skip to main |
skip to sidebar
School ~ Really?
All I have to say is "I'm not ready!" August 11th, 3 out of my 4 kids returned to school. I would like to admit it was a GREAT week, however that would make me a liar! The kids actually did amazing! Not one tardy. Last year, we got a tardy on the first day of school & I walked out of the building crying my eyes out, no kidding! This year, we had lunches packed, uniforms clean, and backpacks ago. We even had time for the traditional "first day of school" photo-op. Sounds like a perfect morning right? Well it was. Now before I say any of this, I want to let you know I LOVE our school.
We have been there seven years, with really no complaints. I especially love our staff, and have the utmost respect for them. What they do for our kids is heroic!!!! However, I learned something about myself this first day of school.......lets just say that apparently there are specific times "during the month" that I am NOT the typically nice mommy that I usually am on other "days of the month". So, mix that formula in with the fact that some genius at our school, who of course I respect and think is heroic........ decided to mix up and change our afternoon carpool- on THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL !!! WHO in their right mind does that to me on this specific "day of the month?" Let's just say that I don't know who the woman that showed up at my precious kids school that afternoon was, but it was not me!!!! However, the "nice" me was back,dropping them off, on time the next day. :-) Oh, & yes I do need to apologize to our Dean for the email, I sent her. SO....my kids had a great first week, but the week was long for me. It definately was not the time to change up carpool, let our kids out late 3 out of the 5 days, let me know we no longer have math books, but math "discs", and we now have Friday night homework........I am sure next week will be good for me, it will be a much better "time of the the month" I am sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment