Saturday, February 9, 2008

Still~ MORE snow

Duck Creek~ VILLAGE
We have been home from visiting Uncle Jeff and Aunt Melissa for a little over a week. However, I have not had a moment to sit and blog. I want to finish telling of our trip to Uncle Jeff and Aunt Melissa's little village.

After hoping and praying the snow would let up for the next day, it didn't. Of course not, why would it?!? We only traveled 11 hours and had 2 days to spend. So, of course it is going to snow like CRAZY both days :-) Despite not being able to really see Uncle Jeff for those 2 days (remember he is in charge of clearing the roads.) We still had a great time, and were very well fed by Aunt Melissa and her amazing cooking. We continued to play outside, and I made it my personal mission to shovel and snow blow as much as I could for Uncle Jeff so he would not have to do it when he got home. I do have to give Joshua much credit. It was his ambition to get out the snow blower and get it working. He did the first run. Snowblowers in the village need chains on their tires, new concept. I just can not emphasize enough, the amount of snow they receive here!!! Seth made a fantastic snow tunnel, which he insisted I go through. Now, let me tell you. I am not sure as to why, but the thought of crawling through an ity bity snow tunnel with no room to even lift my head up, for some reason seemed terrifying. So, I said "No problem Seth." I wanted to let him know I was proud of his diligence, right?!? I got down on my belly inched maybe 6 inches, and said "Buddy, I just don't want to do this- I am scared." "O.K. mom no problem, you don't have to." What a sweet boy he is. So, I closed my eyes and army crawled my way through his tunnel, just to face my fear :-) I was so proud of myself ! We were scheduled to leave the next day around 7 am the next day.We had to get the kids back to school. Playing "catch up" is never fun. Of course when we all opened our eyes the next day, not a flake of snow was falling from the sky. Perfectly BEAUTIFUL blue skies. Uncle Jeff didn't have to work :-) So.... we stayed and played! The pictures tell it all. Of course nobody wanted to leave after so much fun. This blog has been long enough, I won't bother you with the incredibly LONG snow filled drive home :-)....................sorry it took so long to actually post again, thanks for hanging in there.

KEL

No comments: