If you are reading this, I am super excited. That means you are reading it because you are checking in on us and you want to read it, not because you just clicked on a link from an email :-) So, thank you.
As many of you know and truly understand the task it is to be a mom/woman/wife/housekeeper/taxi driver etc. A good task, but a task none the less.
I have just learned tonight that it truly is the little things that my children do that touch my heart!
After a full dinner with many dishes, and me feeling weary from yet ummmm.... more dishes I abandoned my task to check email. While checking email, I found myself discovering a new blog from Beth Moore. Those of you who know me, know I love Beth Moore. For me to even sit at the computer for over 10 minutes, unless it has something to do with pictures that is.... is unheard of. However I found myself getting lost in Beth's blog. Completely forgetting about the daunting task awaiting me of dishes from biscuits, gravy, sausage, scrambled eggs, and yes lots of grease. After realizing I had spent way too much time at the computer (maybe 25 minutes) I walked to the kitchen only to find my precious Sagie cleaning it!!!! Not just cleaning it, but SPOTLESS!!! I had to sneak a few pictures of her, it was so sweet. I also had to sneak a few pictures of what all the men in my house were doing while sweet Sagie was cleaning. However, I know Arthur will appreciate me adding, he did help me create the mess of dinner, while I "merely" talked on the phone the entire time (direct quote) :-)
God is so good, He blesses us in little ways. I think when he knows we just don't have it in us to complete whatever the task may be He shows up and steps in because He loves us SO! This is how God has been speaking to me lately. For those of you who have talked with me in the past 2 weeks, you KNOW that what Sage just did was amazing to me. It was almost as if the Lords was whispering in my ear "you don't have to do it all! I've got you covered." What a gift, and He chose to use my sweet Sage to show me!

2 comments:
Kendra,
Make the boys do it. Your future daughters-in-law will thank you. :)
Mindee
What a sweet girl! She is getting so big! Miss you!
Post a Comment